An African Tale


This post was written several months ago and I decided to translate to English... I hope you enjoy!



Women crosses the bridge Samora Machel – Tete
Detail for how she carries the baby ...
 
I'm living alone in
Maputo - Mozambique and my family will join me in few months. All planned, isn’t it? But who can say what the heart must to do?...

The "single’s life" is complicated, but I have advantages. For example, the computer desk I put in the bedroom. My wife complained...


- You're crazy! Put it back in the office!


I laughed so loud and said with a sarcastic tone:

- I am the boss here! - And I laughed so fucking...

Sure... 5,000 miles away... I have the opportunity to annoying her. Okay… in sequence and after to stop laughing, I whispered in romantic tone and with a Barry White voice’s (Click to listen)...

- Calm down love... I’ll fix everything before you arrive... (I'm crazy but not fool! Rsrs).

... yeah, but I want to write today about something happened when I drove to home a few days ago. I live alone & don’t have dinner usually. I think it's lazy to wash dishes or even to make the rango.

- Alexandre, you must to buy food! - My worried wife demanded.

And I went to buy cleaning products for my new maid to use. I walked only two aisles in the supermarket and I felt myself useless.

What the fuck is used to clean the house? To take a shower I know… coconut soap! Hahaha



So… I asked for support for one of the attendants that chatted with others in the site. Task accomplished. lol

On the other hand… I didn’t have support in the supply kit. I brought in the bags ... 02 cakes, a chicken soup, a cherry Halls (!) &... 01 insecticide?!?! Man… I'm clueless! Hahaha

The next day I had dinner… a papaya and four bananas... and while I write this post I have two more looking at me. After that I'll eat 3 oranges and a glass of Pepsi… and go to bed... So I can finish all the food in my house and traveling to somewhere in Africa. Did U realize? I ended up with all food in my house! My wife gets angry. Of course she didn’t tell to my mother... the old lady could hit me! Rsrs

Every man is a disgrace. I'm worried 'cause I have to wash 01 plate, a knife, a spoon and a glass used in the "meal" ... owo ... and gotta collect the "garbage" tomorrow morning. Sorry but I prefer a very hard workday.

On the way to my home there one or two fruit stand... well... don’t imagine that places like NY... or Brazil. Imagine something simple... with fruits simple too. Don't forget I'm in Africa.

I pulled over and a humble lady approached quickly to meet me... like a Drive-Thru.



- Good night, boss!

- Just a second... I’ll get off the car to choose the fruits. – I responded with a friendly tone.



In fruit stand, or a simple black plastic lying on the floor with some fruit above, with bananas, papayas, guavas and giant oranges that she said the name, but I didn’t understand. Remenber that all very simple, ok?



One of fruit stand next my house...


I bought 5 bananas, 3 oranges (Giants!), and a papaya... in USA that would cost... I think... between US$ 2 and 5... depending on the region. I know places would cost US$ 8.

- There are 40 meticais, boss - told me that lady. (something about US$ 1.50)

Look... I don't like to call me “boss”... is too submissive. I wasn't educated like this... hurts... I beg to they never use that. I always try but still.

... I opened my wallet and saw only a 200 note. At that moment I realized the lady would never have change for that note, incidentally, I thought the change, if it existed, would be any income that day.



Then I looked for those three curious children who accompanied the lady in the dark edge of the road and handed him the note... she looked at the money ... put in the light to confirm the value… and stared as if he thought... what do I do?... I can't sell because I don't have change.

- Let it be ... it’s okay. - I said & sended a Brazilian's bye... got in the car and under the astonished gaze of this lowly black lady and the surprise smiles those three children under her care. I think that she's still thinking that I gave to her the wrong note.

I didn’t realize at that momment but everything came back when I stopped the car in front of my house’s gate. I looked where I live... the condo... the garden… and when I opened the gate I started to cry.

It was a mix of feelings... miss my wife... my boy... where I got... I have achieved and the... above all where I came from. I did not pass the difficulty these children are today or this future so present to them... but my childhood was difficult too and my family spent a lot of grip... Today I'm very proud of my parents. I wondered how the parents of those children feel when money does not enter.

They will not get upset because not buy a new pants or a video game, but because not have food that night. I put myself in their shoes and remembered how many times
my father swallowed his pride and said with a lump in his throat ... "I have no money to buy this my boy", "today we’re just having this very simple meal at home". How would I feel if I had to tell to my son "today U will not eat"... so I cried... and I cry now while I write all this.
Boys living in a Village, Tete - Mozambique


I know that money doesn't make difference to me... but may help support that family. And don't think that lady was so old but I'm sure of her hardness life took as many years as joys.



Life is hard ... and not only for who is soft!
Tete - Mozambique
  
Hug



0 comentários:

Postar um comentário